||Easy handling of XML configuration files.
||Stable release offering a lot of useful features.
||2002-12-31 15:00:00 GMT
||2004-07-27 22:56:08 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
0.9.6 includes some new optional features:
conversion of xml element values to any ruby literal (or just boolean literals)
control over style of generated configuration hash
This Excellent Project was originally envisioned by Maik Schmidt
and has since been passed on to Curtis Schofield
I wrote this class, because I often use XML configuration files for my applications. Traversing documents via DOM API and similar stuff did not make me happy and caused a lot of trouble, so I decided to create a better solution. The result is XmlConfigFile, which allows easy access to configuration files via XPath.
Additionally, I have added some features, that will make your life easier, when working with XML configuration files:
* You can use references to environment variables in your configuration files.
* Configuration files will be reloaded periodically, if you want them to.
* You can add observers to a configuration file that will be notified, if the file has changed.
* You can change existing configuration parameters and store the configuration.
* You can define, which boolean values in your configuration files mean true respectively false.