||Text::Format for Ruby
||2002-10-22 01:20:13 GMT
||2005-06-25 02:03:28 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
||To provide text hyphenation. Optional.
Text::Format is provides the ability to nicely format fixed-width text with
knowledge of the writeable space (number of columns), margins, and
indentation settings. Text::Format can work with either TeX::Hyphen or
Text::Hyphen to hyphenate words when formatting.
This is release 1.0, containing both feature enhancements and bug fixes
over the previous version, 0.64.
Text::Format is originally based on the Perl library of the same name by
Gábor Egressy. It is copyright 2002 - 2005 by Austin Ziegler and is
licenced under Ruby’s licence. It is also available under the Perl
- Changed installer: added a .gem package.
- Changed installer: moving to a variant of setup.rb by Minero Aoki.
- Fixed significant problems with #hard_margin wrapping and fallback issues,
eliminating all known possibilities for an infinite loop in wrapping. Some
of the formatting changes involved with this result in different and more
subtle wrapping and splitting of words; please read the full documentation
- Clarified the API for #hyphenate_to (delineated the return value required
if the hyphenator cannot hyphenate the word to the specified size).
- Changed a number of public and private API calls to work better. As long as
the constants provided by Text::Format have been used (and not direct
access to the constant values), there will be no issues presented by most
of these changes.
- Changed the initialization of the Text::Format object. The documentation
has also been updated to be correct. Note that this will mean that some
uses of Text::Format will not work, as Text::Format.new now yields
self if a block is given instead of evaluating the block with
- Added text numbering generators (Text::Format::Alpha, Text::Format::Number,
and Text::Format::Roman) to work with #tag_paragraphs and #tag_text to
generate numbered paragraphs.
- #nobreak_regex must be a hash of regular expressions, not strings that are
converted to regular expressions. This Perlism has finally been removed.
- The performance has been improved; the number of times that lines are
joined together and then split apart has been reduced.
- Changed the dependency to Text::Hyphen from TeX::Hyphen.
- Added auto-split capabilities to #paragraphs. See the updated