||usable, but some of the API is still subject to change
||2002-02-06 05:13:14 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
TaskMaster (formerly known as Distributor) is a task distribution system written in Ruby (uses dRuby). Use it to distribute your own runnable objects (objects which respond to a 'run' message). Since you can define your own runnable classes, there's no limit to what types of tasks you can distribute.
Changes since 0.1.0:
* Changed the organization of the code: everything is now defined under the TaskMaster module. Also introduced TaskMaster::Mixins as a place to put modules that are intended to be mixed into classes.
* TaskMaster::Distributor reintroduced (Distributor class was changed to TaskMaster in 0.1.0)
* Client is now TaskMaster::Slave (done to reduce confusion)
* ClientProxy is now TaskMaster::SlaveProxy (again to reduce confusion)
* Fixed a nasty bug in TaskMaster::Distributor#broadcast
* Fixed a bug in SlaveProxy#harvest (wouldn't handle cases where Slave#harvest
* Added an 'examples' subdirectory and a 'distributed_sleep' example with a fairly detailed README file.
* Updated TODO file