||An Email/MIME library.
||2002-12-31 15:00:00 GMT
||2008-01-05 23:53:43 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
This is RubyMail, a lightweight mail library containing various mail
utility classes and modules.
Very high attention is paid to quality and robustness. This package has a
complete unit test suite (requires RubyUnit to run). Currently all of my
e-mail is processed by this library.
Changes in RubyMail 1.0.0 (released 2008-01-05)
- This version differs only in the changes required for Ruby 1.9
support. It is otherwise "bug compatible" with version 0.17.
Users of version 0.17 can safely upgrade to 1.0.0. You will lose the
ability to run the tests if you are using Ruby 1.6 (but who is doing that
- Add a Rakefile. Add a gem hosted on rubyforge.org.
Changes in RubyMail 0.17 (released 2004-04-27)
- Handle parsing addresses with non-ASCII display names. We don’t do
anything intelligent with the non-ASCII data, but it is passed through in
its original (invalid) non-encoded form.
- Look for From_ lines only on the first line when parsing a message.
- RMail::Header#subject= now sets the header field name to
"Subject" instead of "subject" since some mail reading
software is case sensitive and can’t understand "subject:
- The RMail parser now requires only whitespace after MIME multipart boundary
lines. This violates RFC2046’s "NOTE TO IMPLEMENTORS"
documented in testparsermultipart.rb’s test_multipart_data_12, but it
allows real-world messages created by Eudora to be parsed.