||Interface to libxml, with focus on simplification
||2005-04-17 16:46:08 GMT
||2009-05-11 00:20:35 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
0.2.0 "libxml-ruby does it, so we do it too, version bump!!11!!"
WARNING: use at least libxml2 2.6.28, as this version corrects some severe xpath bugs.
* XML::Smart::DOM#dup (other dups still segfault :-)
-> Very simplic, will support parameters if there is need for
* XML::SMART::DOM::ELEMENT#to_doc will yield a new document with
the element as root
* Included XSDtoRNG to overcome libxml XSD schema part 1 deficits
-> XSDtoRNG maintainer: 1st class hero, keep improving it
-> so its working without libxml supporting it :-)
-> what a pitty that libxml cannot apply the same trick internally,
cause there is a dependency on xslt
* *NEW* XML Schema Part 1 and Part 2 Support (unlike) libxml
* Simplified and rubyistic API (mileage may vary)
* Nice namespace handling
* Nice adding/deleting of elements
* Portable file locking when #modify
* Nice xpath handling with DOM/Element#find, values are returned when using functions (e.g. string(/test/test))
* Moving/copying element trees between and inside documents
* xinclude and relaxng validation
* Pull parser
Note: This library is now used for more then 3 years in production environments. And with this release its more stable than ever. Who would have thought?
We even have a screenshot. Not bad for a library :-)
So far it shows the basic API that should be more intuitive and powerful than the correspondig parts of "xml/libxml" with bugs and problems removed.
API wise it lies somewhere between "xml/libxml" with some ideas from rexml. It should be fast!
Your comments are welcome.