||Interface to libxml, with focus on simplification
||2005-04-17 16:46:08 GMT
||2009-03-14 22:56:41 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
0.1.12 "Oh my dear, a wall is missing in my flat and it's getting cold"
WARNING: use at least libxml2 2.6.28, as this version corrects some severe xpath bugs.
* XML::SMART::DOM::save_unformated => defaults to false
* Simplified and rubyistic API (mileage may vary)
* Nice namespace handling
* Nice adding/deleting of elements
* Portable file locking when #modify
* Nice xpath handling with DOM/Element#find, values are returned when using functions (e.g. string(/test/test))
* Moving/copying element trees between and inside documents
* xinclude and relaxng validation
* Pull parser
Note: This library is now used for more then 3 years in production environments. And with this release its more stable than ever. Who would have thought?
We even have a screenshot. Not bad for a library :-)
So far it shows the basic API that should be more intuitive and powerful than the correspondig parts of "xml/libxml" with bugs and problems removed.
API wise it lies somewhere between "xml/libxml" with some ideas from rexml. It should be fast!
Your comments are welcome.