||alpha but useable
||2002-01-29 15:56:27 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
Profiler which is faster and more "to the point" than profile.rb.
* Fast (typically 5-10 times faster than Ruby's standard profiler)
* Focus on methods defined in program being profiled (ie. as a default does NOT profile Ruby's methods)
* Explicitly include Ruby's methods you want to be profiled
* Reports from where a method was called, the call site.
* Summarizes difference to previous profiles; good when you iteratively speed up your program.
* Can report on distribution of arguments in method calls (which indicates whether you have something to gain by memoizing the method)
* Does not measure time spent in class methods. Should not be more difficult than instance methods but haven't been tested yet. Coming soon to a version near you (TM) :-)
* Cannot measure time spent in :id, :class, :type methods or in methods with a leading underscore in their name.
Included in the AspectR tarball so must download that one and install both. Follow instructions in README,