||Simplifies management and reporting of cron jobs
||2008-08-08 16:50:31 GMT
||2009-06-27 01:41:52 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
This package makes managing cron jobs on unix systems a breeze! It is composed of a single program, jobmanager, which is intended to be invoked by cron, or a cron-like application. jobmanager, in turn, invokes the specified cron job, in addition to providing the following added value:
* Logs the output of the cron jobs.
* Rotates the cron job logs.
* Manages a central log which records all cron events (when each job starts, finishes, the job‘s success, etc).
* Emails the user the results of the cron job on a configurable condition (on failure only, on success only, etc.) via sendmail or smtp.
* Times out a cron job that runs past the configurable timeout.
* Easily scales to handle multiple users’ cron jobs.
* Both the default behavior and the per-cron job behavior are highly configurable.