||WikiClone running on WEBrick and Madeleine with Textile formats
||2004-03-05 12:19:20 GMT
||2004-07-24 20:41:16 GMT
||David Heinemeier Hansson
(Projects of this owner)
Admitted, it's Yet Another Wiki Clone, but with a strong focus
on simplicity of installation and running:
Step 1. Download
Step 2. Run "instiki.rb"
Step 3. *Chuckle*... "There's no step three!" (TM)
You're now running a perfectly suitable wiki on port 2500
that'll present you with a textarea for the home page on entering.
Instiki lowers the barriers of interest for when you might consider
using a wiki. It's so simple to get running that you'll find yourself
using it for anything -- taking notes, brainstorming, organizing a
* Regular expression search: Find deep stuff really fast
* Revisions: Follow the changes on every page from birth. Rollback to an earlier rev
* Export to HTML in a zip: Take the entire wiki with you home or for reference
* RSS feeds to track recently revised pages
* Multiple webs: Create separate wikis with their own namespace
* Password-protected webs: Keep it private
* Authors: Each revision is associated with an author, so you can see who changed what
* Reference tracker: Which other pages are pointing to the current?
* Speed: Using Madelein for persistence (all pages are in memory)
* Textile formatting2: By ways of Red Cloth
* Embedded webserver: Through WEBrick
* Internationalization: Wiki words in any language!