||WikiClone running on WEBrick and Madeleine with Textile formats
||2004-03-05 12:19:20 GMT
||David Heinemeier Hansson
(Projects of this owner)
Admitted, it's Yet Another Wiki Clone, but with a strong focus
on simplicity of installation and running:
Step 1. Download
Step 2. Run "instiki.rb 2505"
Step 3. *Chuckle*... "There's no step three!" (TM)
You're now running a perfectly suitable wiki on port 2505
that'll present you with a textarea for the home page on entering.
Instiki lowers the barriers of interest for when you might consider
using a wiki. It's so simple to get running that you'll find yourself
using it for anything -- taking notes, brainstorming, organizing a
Instiki reserves a separate WikiSpace for each port number, so
you can run more than one wiki by keeping them on separate ports.
It also means that you can't access the same wiki on another port
than the one you started it on (unless you move the directory in storage).
* Regular expression search: Find deep stuff really fast
* Reference tracker: Which other pages are pointing to the current?
* Speed: Using Madelein for persistence (all pages are in memory)
* Textile formatting: By ways of RedCloth
* Embedded webserver: Through WEBrick
* Revision control (last in wins!)
* Access control (there's not even an explicit user concept)
* File attachments