||Accessing resources via HTTP
||2002-12-31 15:00:00 GMT
||2005-09-16 10:10:37 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
http-access2 gives something like the functionality of libwww-perl (LWP) in Ruby.
- methods like GET/HEAD/POST via HTTP/1.1.
- asynchronous HTTP request
- by contrast with net/http in standard distribution;
- you don't have to care HTTP/1.1 persistent connection (http-access2 cares instead of you).
- streaming POST
Not supported now;
- Rather advanced HTTP/1.1 usage such as Range, deflate, etc. (of cource you can set it in header by yourself)
Changes in version 2.0.6
- allows redirects from a "POST" request. imported a patch from sveit.
- add 'content-type: application/application/x-www-form-urlencoded' when
a request contains message-body. (#11)
- HTTP/0.9 support. (#15)
- allows submitting multipart forms. imported a patch from sveit.
- avoid !NameError when a cookie value is nil. (#10)
- added netscape_rule property to !CookieManager (false by default). You
can turn on the domain attribute test of Netscape rule with the
property. cf. http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html
- added HTTPClient#cookie_manager property for accessing its properties.
- added save_all_cookies method to save unused and discarded cookies as
well. The patch is from Christian Lademann. Thanks! (#21)
- allow to set cookie_manager. raise an error when set_cookie_store
called and cookie_store has already been set. (#20)
- allows SSL connection debugging when debug_dev != nil. (#14)
- skip post_connection_check when verify_mode == OpenSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE. Thanks to kdraper. (#12)
- post_connection_check: support a certificate with a wildcard in the
- avoid !NameError when no peer_cert and VERIFY_FAIL_IF_NO_PEER_CERT
given. Thanks to Christian Lademann.
- insert a connecting host and port to an exception message when
connecting failed. (#5)
- added socket_sync property to HTTPClient(HTTPAccess2::Client) that
controls socket's sync property. the default value is true. CAUTION:
if your ruby is older than 2005-09-06 and you want to use SSL
connection, do not set socket_sync = false to avoid a blocking bug of