||Accessing resources via HTTP
||2002-12-31 15:00:00 GMT
||2004-02-11 01:10:14 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
http-access2 gives something like the functionality of libwww-perl (LWP) in Ruby.
- methods like GET/HEAD/POST via HTTP/1.1.
- asynchronous HTTP request
- by contrast with net/http in standard distribution;
--- you don't have to care HTTP/1.1 persistent connection (http-access2 cares instead of you).
--- streaming POST
Not supported now;
- Rather advanced HTTP/1.1 usage such as Range, deflate, etc. (of cource you can set it in header by yourself)
- add Client#redirect_uri_callback interface.
- refactorings and bug fixes found during negative test.
- add SSL test.
- no_proxy was broken in 2.0.2.
- do not dump 'Host' header under protocol_version == 'HTTP/1.0'
- do not trust HTTP_PROXY environment variable. set proxy server manually.
- follow ossl2 change.
- Query was not escaped when query was given as an Array or a Hash. Fixed.
- Do not use http_proxy defined by ENV['http_proxy'] or ENV['HTTP_PROXY'] if the destination host is 'localhost'.
- Hosts which matches ENV['no_proxy'] or ENV['NO_PROXY'] won't be proxyed.
- [,:] separated. ("ruby-lang.org:rubyist.net")
- No regexp. (give "ruby-lang.org", not "*.ruby-lang.org")
- If you want specify hot by IP address, give full address. ("192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2")
- CamelCase to non_camel_case.
- SSL support (requires Ruby/OpenSSL).
- Cookies support. lib/http-access2/cookie.rb is redistributed file which is originally included in Webagent by TAKAHASHI `Maki' Masayoshi. You can download the entire package from http://www.rubycolor.org/arc/.
- Ruby/1.8 support.
- HTTP proxy support of version G was broken. Fixed.
- Changed HTTPAccess2::Client API. Take care.
- Added streaming request API.
- Added WebDAV client sample. No XML related functions for now.
i.e, you can PUT/GET files. No PROPGET/PROPPATCH? No
versioning? Is this a DAV?
- Removed dependency to delegate.rb.
Kernel.methods in delegate.rb is rather slow...