||stable, usable with MySQL, PostgreSQL and ODBC
||2002-10-30 12:10:38 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
DbTalk is an interactive GUI based tool for database querying, programming, administration etc. It consists of three basic parts:
- SQL editor
- query result viewer
- database structure viewer
Important features of DbTalk are:
- ODBC support
- native support for MySQL
- native support for PostgreSQL (UNIX only)
- multiple database/server connections with easily configurable profiles
- editing and testing of multiline SQL commands (e.g. procedure definitions) with syntax highlighting and text completion (SQL + table and column names)
- saving SQL queries into files for later use
- nice tabular view of returned data
- tree view of the database structure
The current version of DbTalk is 0.73. This version brings just a minor enhancements to get better compatibility with new versions of Ruby and FXRuby.
Previous version 0.72 introduced the following changes:
- The ODBC module was improved and the bug in cursor reading was removed (thanks to Erich Roos for his research).
- DbTalk supports database schemas in PostgreSQL 7.3+.
- DbTalk now captures stderr on UNIX to catch notifications from the PostgreSQL library.
- There is now a basic transaction support. It is possible to switch autocommit mode and send commit and rollback commands with toolbar buttons.
- The built-in editor recognizes new keywords: 'schema', 'abort', 'start', 'transaction', 'isolation level', 'read committed', 'serializable ', 'case' and 'full'.
- The profile administration is slightly improved.
- DbTalk is now compatible with the latest stable Ruby (1.8.0) and FXRuby (1.0.25) versions.