||Inversion of Control (IoC) Container
||2004-04-05 18:00:58 GMT
||2004-09-27 03:51:12 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
Copland is an IoC container for Ruby, similar in implementation to Hivemind. It manages relationships and dependencies between application components automatically, by means of configuration files that developers provide. It also provides transparent addition of AOP-like pre and post hooks to method calls. Additional libraries are available, providing functionality to do such things as making objects remotely accessible via dRuby and/or SOAP.
Notable new features in 0.8.0 include:
* The "factory" element may be omitted when defining a service point, and it will default to "copland.BuilderFactory".
* The BuilderFactory now supports an "invoke" element, describing methods and their parameters to invoke while initializing a new service.
* A warning is now logged when you try to set a property that does not have an explicit setter defined.
* Added the solitaire-cipher implementation as one of the example programs.
* Registry#service now accepts an optional block, which will be passed to "instance_eval" on the new service every time the requested service is instantiated.
* Upgraded to version 3.3.0 of the setup.rb installer.