||Inversion of Control (IoC) Container
||2004-04-05 18:00:58 GMT
||2004-10-12 02:40:54 GMT
(Projects of this owner)
Copland is an IoC container for Ruby, similar in implementation to Hivemind. It manages relationships and dependencies between application components automatically, by means of configuration files that developers provide. It also provides transparent addition of AOP-like pre and post hooks to method calls. Additional libraries are available, providing functionality to do such things as making objects remotely accessible via dRuby and/or SOAP.
Notable new features/bugfixes in 1.0.0 include:
* Cycles in dependencies are now reported legibly when they result in errors.
* Substitution symbols in configuration points work correctly now.
* Public/private visibility for service points.
* Customizable log message formats, similar to those offered by Log4j
* Added more practical intro to Copland in the manual.
* Added RubyConf 2004 presentation.